This interactive program is a fun and structured lesson great for students ages 3-7 years old focusing on the following goals:
- Introduce the concept of water safety
- Educate the children about the importance of water safety
- Help the children learn safety methods and avoid potential dangers in and around the water
- Educate children about ways to handle water crisis situations
- Provide materials and information to the children in an effort to prevent water related accidents
Cinco De Mayo Family Event celebration. Crafts, stories, dance performance by "Orgullo Mexicano," and a pinata outside after the event!
Join the Library and other Oakwood Community groups as we celebrate the founding of Oakwood during the That Day in May Parade which begins at Shafor Boulevard near Claranna and heads North toward the High School.
Following the parade, find the Library booth at the carnival-like celebration from noon to 4 p.m. on Shafor Boulevard, between Dellwood and Harman.